(CNN) -- Actor Alec Baldwin was arrested and charged for assault and harassment Friday following a dispute over a parking spot, according to New York police.
NYPD Lieutenant John Grimpel told CNN the incident occurred on 10th Street in Manhattan.
A 49-year-old man sustained an injury to the left jaw after being punched and was taken to a local area hospital to be treated, according to police. He's in stable condition, police added.
Baldwin was charged with assault and harassment and given a desk appearance ticket, the NYPD said.
In addition to portraying president Donald Trump on "Saturday Night Live," Baldwin currently hosts a Sunday talk show on ABC, called "The Alec Baldwin Show."
A representative for Baldwin had no comment when reached by CNN.
As he was heading to a campaign event on Friday, President Trump was asked about Baldwin's arrest. In response, Trump shrugged his shoulders and said, "I wish him luck."
Baldwin will appear in court at a later date, according to the NYPD.
- Alec Baldwin Arrested, Charged with Assault in New York
- Alec Baldwin arrested, charged with assault in New York
- 'SNL' star Alec Baldwin comments after arrest
- Alec Baldwin falls for classic New York City scam
- Alec and Hilaria Baldwin welcome baby No. 4
- Alec Baldwin to headline New Hampshire Democratic Party dinner
- Get ready for more Alec Baldwin as Trump on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin slammed for 'black people love me' comments
- Alec Baldwin's Trump returns with worries about the Mueller investigation
- Alec Baldwin pleads guilty to harassment in parking spot dispute