(CNN) -- Republican Rep. Barbara Comstock will be ousted from her northern Virginia seat by Democratic state Sen. Jennifer Wexton, CNN projects. Comstock's district in the Washington suburbs was seen as a must-win by Democrats in their bid to make a net gain of 23 seats and take control of the House. The district was ground zero in Democrats' surge in Virginia's 2017 state-level elections. It was also the site where House and Senate Democrats unveiled their policy agenda for the 2018 midterms. In part because of its position in the DC suburbs, the 10th District race was among the nation's most expensive. Wexton aggressively linked Comstock to Trump's policies.
- URGENT - Democrats take their first House seat from Republicans in a key Virginia race, CNN projects
- CNN Key Races: 11 House seats move toward Democrats, 3 in direction of Republicans
- URGENT - Republicans win 'lot draw' for Virginia House seat
- CNN Key Races: Democrats' tough Senate map
- CNN House Key Races: 4 races move toward Democrats, 3 toward Republicans
- CNN's Key Races: Can Democrats take the House?
- URGENT - Republicans have retained control of the Senate, CNN projects
- Republicans win 'lot draw' for Virginia House seat
- CNN projects Democrats gain control of House
- CNN House Key Race alerts: A dozen GOP-held seats get more competitive