LTI -- Luxury Travel Intelligence -- has rounded up the best hotel brands for when you want a vacation that oozes luxe and opulence.
The recommended brands own hotels and resorts across the globe that are lavish, grand -- and costly.
Hotels and motels
Travel and tourism
Business and industry sectors
Business, economy and trade
Leisure and lifestyle
Resorts and spas
The global members-only organization used a thorough assessment process to count down the top brands.
To choose the top 12, LTI assessed 118 different factors, with each factor having its own weighted score.
"The 118 touchpoints relate to the overall brand performance, rather than its individual properties," says Michael Crompton, Founder of LTI, in a statement.
"It's all about the brand's ability to deliver: its passion, commitment, ethos and values, as well as the quality of its management and staff."
Each property on the list has a score out of a maximum of 4,320.
LTI top 12 luxury hotel brands for 2018
1 - Aman (3,587)
2 - Oetker Collection (3,494)
3 - Six Senses (3,438)
4 - Belmond (3,399)
5 - Mandarin Oriental (3,378)
6 - Auberge Resorts (3,312)
7 - Four Seasons (3,264)
8 - Soho House (3,180)
9 - One & Only Resorts (3,152)
10 - St. Regis (3,058)
11 - Rosewood (2,981)
12 - The Luxury Collection (2,897)
- LTI reveals the world's 12 best luxury hotel brands
- London's best hotels, according to LTI
- Dubai's Bulgari Resort named best new luxury hotel of 2017 by LTI
- Best (and worst) new luxury hotels of 2018, according to LTI
- Luxury hotels with private aircraft
- LVMH just bought some of the world's most luxurious hotels
- First luxury hotel in space announced
- Yum! Insect food as a luxury brand might lure Westerners
- Luxury brand Coach envisions a mostly fur-free future
- Luxury brands are already feeling the China burn