You never know what you might find floating in the waters of South Florida.
A fisherman off the coast of Pompano Beach found a brick of marijuana in what he calls an "early birthday gift from Pablo Escobar."
In a Monday Instagram post, Jorge Bustamante said he was looking to catch a few mahi-mahi and kingfish but instead found the narcotics "floating in the weed line."
Bustamante said he and his friends radioed the U.S. Coast Guard, who confirmed the package was indeed marijuana.
WPLG-TV in Miami reported the Coast Guard retrieved the contraband after arriving at the scene.
- Florida fisherman finds floating marijuana brick off beach
- Fisherman finds a bundle of suspected cocaine in Florida Keys
- Fisherman saves toddler floating face-down in the ocean
- Fisherman catches great white shark off coast of Misquamicut Beach
- Body of missing fisherman Nik Kayler found
- Friends mourn loss of missing fisherman
- Sea lice reported along Florida beaches
- Waterspout makes landfall on Florida beach
- Inside Sweden's new floating hotel
- Trump floats bringing back earmarks