A charter boat in the Gulf of Mexico came upon an unusual sight near Bonita Springs Monday.
The boat from Island Time Dolphin & Shelling Cruises was cruising off Big Hickory Island Monday morning when they spotted a small alligator taking a dip off the beach.
They recorded video of the reptile swimming just off the surf line.
It then came ashore and walked up the beach.
NOAA says that while alligators are predominately freshwater creatures, they can tolerate salt water for short periods of time.
- Alligator seen swimming off Southwest Florida beach Monday
- The Bahamas beach where piggies swim
- A beach full of happy swimming pigs
- Alligator battles python on Florida golf course
- 13-foot alligator captured in Florida park
- Officials Monitoring 2 Whales Spotted Swimming Off Seal Beach
- Authorities capture 13-foot alligator
- Dead alligator causing smelly situation in a Florida backyard
- Florida authorities find remains of woman killed by alligator
- Sea lice reported along Florida beaches