A driver has good Samaritans to thank for saving his life after pulling him from a fiery, mangled wreck that left his vehicle unrecognizable in Glendale late Tuesday night.
The man was driving through the intersection of 55th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road when he lost control for an unknown reason and crashed into a traffic light.
The crash completely destroyed his vehicle and caused it to catch fire.
Luckily, good Samaritans near the crash were able to pull the driver out of the wreck before the fire, police said.
The man, who has not been identified, was transported to a local hospital in stable condition, police said.
Police have not indicated if impairment or speed were a factor in the crash.
The intersection of 55th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed while police investigate the crash.
- Police: Good Samaritans pull driver from fiery, mangled wreck in Glendale, AZ
- Good Samaritans help stop carjacking
- Good Samaritan saves Akron Metro bus driver and passengers
- AZ Dentist's anesthesia credentials questioned
- Glendale Costco worker surprises shoppers
- Good Samaritan rescues woman from burning home
- Good Samaritans help person from capsized boat
- Police: Hitchhiker steals good Samaritan's car, intentionally runs him over
- Former AZ governor speaks about McCain's death
- AZ primary voters head to the polls