A United States Border Patrol agent was shot in Arizona on Tuesday morning.
According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials, the agent was involved in an incident around 4:30 a.m. in an area south of Arivaca, Ariz. Arivaca is located northwest of Nogales, Ariz.
The agent was shot and taken to the hospital for treatment. There is no word on the severity of injuries.
Several people were taken into custody in the area after the shooting, officials say.
No further information has been released. FBI and CBP officials are jointly investigating.
- Arizona Border Patrol agent shot
- Border Patrol agent shot in southern Arizona
- Border Patrol agent shot in Arizona gunfight was first responder for his own wounds
- DA: US Border Patrol agent acted alone
- Border Patrol agent's mysterious death came from head injuries
- Border Patrol agent kills undocumented woman in Texas
- US border patrol agent arrested for 4 murders
- Border patrol agent's gender reveal party ignited a 47,000-acre wildfire
- Border Patrol agent acquitted in fatal shooting of Mexican teen
- A month after Border Patrol agent's death, his fianc-e has no answers