A hang glider who crashed onto the runway at Mountain Home Air Force Base during Saturday's Gunfighter Skies air show has died from his injuries.
Witnesses tell us the crash happened around 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Announcers of the event assured the crowd the hang glider pilot, Dan Buchanan, was receiving proper medical attention as he was taken to Boise via life flight. We've now learned he succumbed to his injuries.
Witnesses say the crash happened moments after Buchanan finished stunts with another plane, but as soon as he released a cable, the crowd watched him nose dive into the runway.
The air show was halted as EMS and first responders rushed to the runway. The remainder of Saturday's airshow has been canceled. No word yet if activities will resume as scheduled on Sunday.
- Hang glider pilot dies in crash at Mountain Home Gunfighter Skies air show
- Hang glider pilot dies in crash air show
- Bombs, gunfight rock Somali capital, killing dozens
- US Air Force Thunderbirds pilot killed in crash
- 2 walk away after bailing from falling glider
- Mountain biker Max Stockl conquers world's toughest ski run
- Sinead McNamara: Australian Instagram influencer died by hanging, says coroner
- Resident, pilot killed in helicopter crash
- Pence recalls meeting 'courageous' US Air Force Thunderbird pilot killed in crash
- Border Patrol agent shot in Arizona gunfight was first responder for his own wounds