An armed man has been fatally shot by police after fleeing from officers in one of Detroit's largest suburbs.
The Livonia Police Department says the man was reportedly suicidal when he was shot Friday night by one of their officers.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said Saturday that no new information on the fatal shooting was immediately available. An investigation that includes Livonia police and Michigan State Police is underway.
Westland police initially pursued the man, but Livonia police took up the search after he was spotted running on foot and armed with a handgun in a residential area.
Officers set up a perimeter and found the man armed with a handgun. He fled on foot and was disobeying commands to stop when he was fatally shot.
- Livonia police fatally shoot armed man fleeing officers
- Aberdeen Police shoot man armed with comb
- Dallas police seeking warrant for officer after man's fatal shooting
- Officer shoots armed Wisconsin student in classroom
- Into danger's arms: Chaos as schoolgirls flee Boko Haram
- Walmart customer intervenes in carjacking and fatally shoots armed suspect
- Armed man injured, arrested during police involved shooting
- Mesa officer fatally shoots man who raised BB gun, police say
- Police: Officers Fatally Shoot Man Wanted for Probation Violation at 7-11 Parking Lot in Santa Ana
- Dallas police officer charged with manslaughter in fatal shooting of unarmed man in his own apartment