Lin-Manuel Miranda revealed that he's battling shingles.
The "Hamilton" creator took to Twitter on Thursday to tell followers that what he thought was a migraine, turned out to be shingles.
"Hey, cool story. This isn't a migraine, it's shingles! Caught it early, quarantined away from the baby, in a Phantom mask til further notice."
Miranda and his wife, Vanessa Nadal, welcomed a baby boy in February. They also have a three-year-old son.
Shingles, the same virus that causes chickenpox, includes symptoms of pain and a rash.
On Friday, the playwright and Broadway composer took to social media to clarify that he was joking about the mask and is staying "up the street" at his parents home.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda has shingles, quarantined from 8-week-old son
- Lin-Manuel Miranda sings for separated families
- Lin-Manuel Miranda celebrated Twitter milestone 'Hamilton' style
- Barack Obama hits the Billboard chart with Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Lin-Manuel Miranda crea fondo para las artes en Puerto Rico
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Platt stage powerful duet for March for Our Lives
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's 'In the Heights' trailer debuts
- Surprise! Miranda Lambert got married
- ¿Quién es Andrés Manuel López Obrador?
- Andrés Manuel López Obrador, ¿frente a Trump?