(CNN) -- The Trump administration is unleashing additional sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs with ties to President Vladimir Putin along with 12 companies they own or control. The measures announced by the Treasury Department on Friday were also aimed at 17 senior Russian government officials and the state-owned Russian weapons trading company, Rosoboronexport, which has long-standing ties to Syria and its subsidiary, Russian Financial Corporation Bank. "Russian oligarchs and elites who profit from this corrupt system will no longer be insulated from the consequences of their government's destabilizing activities," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement, citing Russia's occupation in Crimea and its ongoing efforts to supply the Assad regime in Syria with materials and weapons.
(CNN) -- The Trump administration is unleashing additional sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs with ties to Pre...
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 12:08 PM
Updated: Apr 6, 2018 12:08 PM
- URGENT - US imposes sanctions against Russian oligarchs and government officials
- US imposes sanctions against Russian oligarchs and government officials
- US names Russian oligarchs in 'Putin list' but imposes no new sanctions
- Trump administration expected to sanction several Russian oligarchs
- New Trump sanctions are already hurting one Russian oligarch
- Russian oligarch retreats as sanctions slam his companies
- Russian oligarch can save his sanctioned companies. But will he?
- Russian oligarch quits board of his sanctioned aluminum giant
- Mueller's team questioning Russian oligarchs
- US sanctions are killing this oligarch's business
Scroll for more content...