Family, friends and the Walled Lake Schools community are mourning the loss of 16-year-old Tanner Bryan.
Police say the teen was working on a vehicle when it fell on top of him. He was taken to a hospital where he eventually died from his injuries on February 5, according to Tanner's obituary.
He was the captain of the wrestling team, and a linebacker and running back on the football team at Walled Lake Central High School.
"Tanner was a kind and loving young man. He touched many lives and those that knew him looked up to him and admired him," the obituary read in part.
A GoFundMe created for Tanner has garnered more than $25,000 in donations.
According to the GoFundMe post, Tanner's funeral will be held today at St. Joseph Catholic Church in South Lyon.
- Student dies from injuries after car falls on top of him
- Pathologist says US student visiting Bermuda died from fall
- Gun injuries fall during NRA conventions, study says
- Ginsburg's injury: Why falls are so dangerous for older people
- Student driver crashes car DMV
- Climber dies in fall on Mt. Hood
- Window washer dies after falling 8 stories
- Paralyzing injury can't keep student from walking at graduation
- 2-year-old dies after mirror falls on her at Payless
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies after fall in Florida