A local rescue group is now taking care of eight puppies.
Chain of Hope told 41 Action News that someone took in a dog that wasn't being taken care of well. However, they didn't know the dog was pregnant at the time.
The new owners reached out to the organization for help.
"One was very ill. I rushed it to the vet," said Chain of Hope Director Kate Quigley. "The whole litter didn't look very good. There was too many for mama to feed."
The puppies had worms, were malnourished and dehydrated. They're now getting treatment.
The seven-week-old pups will go up for adoption in a few weeks.
- 8 malnourished puppies rescued by Chain of Hope
- Police rescue malnourished dog, issue arrest warrant for owner
- Puppy rescued from cinder block wall
- TFD rescues puppy from storm drain
- Deaf puppy rescued from hole in south Huntsville yard
- Puppies. Island paradise. Combined.
- Woman arrested for child abuse after 4-month-old found malnourished
- Woman starts kidney transplant chain
- DOJ investigating children's dental chain "Kool Smiles"
- Source: Melania used 'chain migration' visa