California offers many options for registering to vote.
If you're unsure whether you are registered to vote or not, you can look it up by clicking HERE.
Who Can Vote
In order to vote, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of California
- Be at least 18 or older on Election Day to vote
- Not be currently in state or federal prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- Not be currently found to be mentally incompetent to vote by a court
If you would like to register to vote, please follow the guidelines below.
You can register to vote in-person at your local elections office. The deadline to vote in-person in Nov. 6.
You can register to vote by mail by printing a copy of the National Voter Registration Form, filling it out and mailing it to your local election office. There is the option to download the document in different languages.
Below is the address for elections office in Butte County:
Butte County Clerk-Recorder
155 Nelson Ave,
Oroville, CA 95965
California offers online voter registration.
In order to register online, you need a California ID or Social Security Number.
The deadline to register to vote online is Oct. 22.