BURNEY, Calif. - One person was killed and another received moderate injuries after a Friday night collision between a Harley Davidson motorcycle and a dog. The two people were from Magalia, and their names have been released by the California Highway Patrol.
46-year-old Jon Langley of Magalia was driving the 2007 Harley eastbound on Highway 299 just west of Enterprise Drive when a dog ran from the northbound should of the highway directly into the motorcycle's path. Langley suffered fatal injuries from the collision.
Langley's passenger on the motorcycle, 43-year-old Tina Ascheman, was taken to Mayers Memorial Hospital by ambulance because of moderate injuries. CHP reports said she had lacerations to her legs, which occurred after falling off the motorcycle and landing in the roadway.
According to the CHP there is still an ongoing investigation occurring, but they do not believe that alcohol is involved in this incident.
BURNEY, Shasta County -- The Redding CHP responded to a crash between a motorcyclist and a dog off State Route 299 and Enterprise Drive.
It happened just after 9:30 p.m.
Officers have not released the name of the motorcyclist involved.
The condition of the dog is unknown at this time.
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Burney; victim and passenger identified
- Links to Help Fire Victims
- Bangor Donation Center for Fire Victims
- Song Tribute to Camp Fire Victims
- Temporary Trailers for Camp Fire Victims
- Link to Housing Market Website for Carr Fire Victims
- How to Apply: Simpson University Fire Victim Scholarships