CLICK HERE to read the state of California's guidance for retail.
Retailers and libraries can re-open, along with the manufacturing and logistics sectors that support retail. Drive-in and movie theaters can re-open with additional considerations.
According to the state's Covid-19 industry guidance page - retail doesn’t include personal services such as beauty salons, but does include the sale of goods such as:
- Jewelry stores
- Toy stores
- Clothing and shoe stores
- Home and furnishing stores
- Sporting goods stores
Retail stores identified in the essential workforce list can open for in-store shopping. They include:
- Retail facilities specializing in medical goods and supplies
- Grocery stores, pharmacies, convenience stores, and other retail that sells food or beverage products, and animal/pet food
- Fuel centers such as gas stations and truck stops
- Hardware and building materials stores, consumer electronics, technology and appliances retail