California – So you say you want to take your students on a trip to see California’s Giant Sequoia? What if your resources are limited? The California State Parks system is offering a bit of virtual assistance.
A new digital field trip helps educators bring the outdoors to students, inside.
A new partnership with the California State Parks and the Save the Redwoods League, is offering an online, interactive tool called, PORTS.
The program is for students in K-12 for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
Online lessons will give children exposure to California’s treasured Giant Sequoia while at the same time teaching environmental sciences and conservation.
Giant Sequoia are the largest living trees on earth and exist in only 73 groves along California’s Western Sierra Nevada.
- ICYMI: California State Parks Offers Virtual Visits
- California Lotto
- California Hope
- California Unemployment Construction
- California Nut Festival, Chico
- California Legislative Information
- California Nut Festival
- California Flood Preparedness Week
- California HOPE of Shasta
- California Air Quality Updates