UPDATE 3:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 - The Sliger Fire is now 100 percent contained. It burned 150 acres in Placer County.
UPDATE 9 a.m. Friday, Sept. 7, 2018 - The Sliger Fire is 150 acres and is 65 percent contained.
All evacuations have been lifted.
EL DORADO COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Fire firefighters are responding to a vegetation fire in El Dorado County off of Sliger Mine Road and Hida Way, northwest of Georgetown.
Cal Fire says that the blaze is 80 acres and is 30 percent contained.
Mandatory evacuations are in effect for McKeon Pondersosa Road and all roads leading to the west from McKeon Ponderosa Road, as well as Moshiron Dr, Shady Oak Dr, Quarry Turn Rd, Pine Crest Dr and Gas Canyon Court.
Evacuation center: Regional Park, 3760 Richardson Dr., Auburn, CA
Animal evacuation center: El Dorado County Animal Shelter at 6435 Capitol Ave., Diamond Springs.
A community briefing will take place on Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. at Foresthill Veterans’ Memorial Hall.
- Sliger Fire 100 percent contained
- North Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Junes Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Adams Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Carr Fire is 100 Percent Contained
- Hirz Fire is 100 Percent Contained
- Kerlin Fire is 100 Percent Contained
- Copper Fire is 100 Percent Contained
- Masonic Fire: 100 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
- Tucker Fire 95 percent contained