REDDING, Calif. - The Shasta County Arts Council is asking the public for help in raising money for a mural commemorating the Carr Fire.
The Council has been in talks with New York artist B.K. Foxx to commission the mural which will go on the outer west wall of the Cascade Theatre facing the U.S. Bank parking lot in downtown Redding.
Fundraiser Tyler Whitlow said, "Really, it's a celebration of the resilience of the community."
"So on the wall behind me you're going to see an amazing piece of artwork that represents what Redding and Shasta County had to go through during the Carr Fire and even the Paradise fire," Whitlow said. He said it will highlight and celebrate community strength and resiliency.
The Arts Council wants to raise $28,000 for the project, which will cover supplies, insurance fees and the cost of bringing the artist to Redding.
So far, nearly $5,000 has been raised. You can click here to visit their gofundme page.
- Shasta Co. Arts Council seeks funding for Cascade Theatre mural
- FEMA says Cascade Fire survivors private information exposed
- Camp Fire Fund 2018
- Highland Fire in Shasta County
- Salvation Army Feeds Evacuees at Shasta College
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Shasta-Trinity National forest Conducts Fire Projects
- Creek Fire in Shasta County: 100 Percent Contained
- Shasta County United: words of support line fences across county
- Hope Truck at Shasta College Provides Medical Treatment for Evacuees