CALIFORNIA - A bipartisan effort is underway in Washington to prevent wildfires in the west.
California Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein and Montana Republican Senator Steve Daines plan to introduce legislation aimed at speeding up logging and other preventative forest fire projects. The legislation mainly helps with projects near roads, trails and transmission lines.
The Senators say they are working with the US Forest Service on finalizing the bill's wording.
They plan to introduce the legislation after the Senate's August recess.
- Senators to introduce legislation to speed up forest fire projects
- Shasta-Trinity National forest Conducts Fire Projects
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- VIDEO: A Look at Forest Ranch After the Camp Fire
- Highway 96 reopens after fires in Klamath National Forest
- Senator Kamala Harris Makes A Visit to See Camp Fire Operations
- Fire crews battling 5-acre fire in Palermo
- CAL FIRE: Vance Fire 65% contained
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special