Photo Gallery 5 Images
UPDATE 11:35 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2019 - We have added video of Action News Now reporter Laura Eng's interview with CAL FIRE's public information officer, Rick Carhart, about the Rock Fire. Sunday at 5 and 6 p.m. we will share the latest information gathered during the day during our regular news broadcasts.
No structures were burned and there were no evacuations.
According to CAL FIRE the cause of the fire is still under investigation and heavy mop up operations will continue on Sunday.
The fire was first reported by the Pike County lookout in Nevada County. Aerial attacks by air tankers and helicopters slowed the spread of the flames of the fire that was burning in an area of heavy timber and slash on a very steep hillside.
UPDATE 6:08 p.m. Saturday, July 27, 2019 - The Rock Fire has now been assessed by firefighters. The fire is three acres in size and is currently 70 percent contained. There have been no injuries and no structures are threatened at this time.
UPDATE 5:26 Saturday, July 27, 2019 - The Rock Fire is now four acres in size. There is still no containment, said Rick Carhart from CAL FIRE's Butte Unit.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A wildfire is burning near Highway 162 up past Oroville Dam in the vicinity of Bald Rock Road and Galen Ridge Road.
The Rock Fire has burned between 2-3 acres. CAL FIRE Public Information Officer Rick Carhart said it has a slow rate of spread.
We have a reporter on her way to the incident.
Please watch the newscast Saturday at 6 p.m. for the most current information.
- Rock Fire is burning in Butte County near Bald Rock Rd.
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Captain Fire burning in Trinity County
- Butte County Fire Department honors their own
- Dale Fire: 800+ Acres burned in Tehama County
- Sand Fire burns 2,500 acres in Yolo County, evacuations lifted
- Firefighters Work to Contain Powellton Fire in Butte County
- Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea sends deputies to Carr Fire
- Air Quality in Butte County Impacted By North State Fires
- Butte County Sheriff Provides Update on Camp Fire