Redding Electric Utility reporting Friday night that most of the 8000 customers who spent much of the day without power are now back online.
Crews have been busy all day long restoring that power.
That outage was caused by fire damaged poles and equipment.
As of 9 p.m., 1000 customers were still without power in the north and western parts of Redding.
REU has also suspended the rolling blackouts that have been in place.
Customers are still being encouraged to conserve electricity by not using unnecessary appliances.
- Redding Electric Utility restores power to 7000 customers in Redding, 1000 left without power
- PG&E Working to Help more than 3,900 Customers Without Power
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Thousands Lose Power Due to Fallen Crane in Paradise
- Downed Power Lines Spark Small Vegetation Fire in Anderson
- Officials: Power Lines Ignited Fatal Blaze in California
- City of Redding Names New Fire Chief
- Red Cross Safe and Well Website
- Kids love the Redding Fire Department!
- Wrongful Death Suit Targets Utility Over Fire