RED BLUFF, Calif. - A vegetation fire in Red Bluff kept firefighters busy over Labor Day weekend.
Red Bluff Fire Division Chief Mike Bachmeyer said the three-acre fire started around 4:30 p.m. Sunday on a field on Paynes Creek Slough between two businesses on Antelope Blvd.
"When we first pulled up obviously one of our first concerns is structure protection and eliminating that threat," Bachmeyer said. "That's where we put resources was the fire and those two locations, that's where we started our fire fight from."
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Red Bluff firefighters tackle Antelope Boulevard fire
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Crews responding to 16-acre vegetation fire in Red Bluff
- Firefighters battle Country Fire
- Redding Firefighters Listen to Citizens at Carr Fire Community Meeting
- Second Firefighter Killed in Ferguson Fire
- VIDEO: Delta Fire Successes Reported by Firefighters
- Firefighters Responding to Structure Fire in Anderson
- Firefighters Contain Structure Fire in Paradise
- Firefighters contain 5-acre fire in Biggs