DURHAM, Calif. - Students and teachers from Ponderosa Elementary School in Paradise are celebrating their principal for his courageous acts during the Camp Fire.'
Principal Ed Gregorio helped evacuate all the kids as the Camp Fire was closing in.
He followed their school bus through the flames burning on both sides of the bus.
Students told Action News Now his calm presence helped everyone stay calm amidst the chaos, despite the fact that the principal lost his own home.
Teachers describe Gregorio as a "rock star." Since the Camp Fire he has worked hard to make sure teachers and students have everything they need.
Ponderosa Elementary suffered a lot of fire and smoke damage and is currently holding classes at Durham Elementary School.
- Principal honored for heroism and courage during Camp Fire
- Community Interfaith Memorial honors victims of Camp Fire
- Camp Fire Fund 2018
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Camp Fire: Thanksgiving Together
- DONATE: Camp Fire Relief
- President Trump visits Camp Fire
- Camp Fire Clean-up Options
- Camp Fire: Resources for Victims
- Camp Fire: Upcoming Community Meetings