CHICO, Calif. - The North State came together on Sunday for a Camp Fire vigil at the First Christian Church in Chico on Sunday.
Communities gathered to honor victims, using the mantra "we will rise again."
"We're going to rise again and be Paradise Strong," said Jody Jones, mayor of Paradise. "We're all in this together and we're drawing strength from each other. Just hug each other and support each other."
Members of the communities affected listened to songs and sermons that offered messages of resilience, kindness and community.
" A lot of my extended family is now homeless and it hurts and I needed somewhere to go other than sitting there at home," said a community member at the vigil. "Prayer does work, but sometimes you just need to go somewhere."
- North State Comes Together at Vigil for Camp Fire Victims
- Camp Fire: Resources for Victims
- RaboBank waives fees for Camp Fire victims
- Camp Fire: List of identified victims
- Camp Fire Candlelight Vigil To Be Held in Chico on Sunday
- FEMA Arrives in Chico to Help Camp Fire Victims
- Facebook group helping Camp Fire victims find new homes
- Community Interfaith Memorial honors victims of Camp Fire
- Camp Fire Fund 2018
- Camp Fire: School Closures