UPDATE, 10/27/19, 3:35 p.m. - Interstate 80 has reopened, the fire is 50% contained, according to CAL FIRE.
VALLEJO, Calif. - A brush fire that started Sunday morning that spread across Vallejo, California is forcing evacuations and closed down Interstate 80 traffic.
The fire could be seen burning along the Carquinez Bridge and up to San Pablo Bay.
The fire forced the evacuation of the Cal Maritime Academy.
Residents could be seen hosing down their properties as the flames inched closer to their homes.
High winds caused other small fires to start. The fire in 200 acres and 50% contained, according to CAL FIRE.
- Glencove Fire in Vallejo, forward progress stopped
- CAL FIRE stops forward progress on Elk Fire
- Forward progress stopped on Ranch Fire in Igo
- Forward progress stopped on Cummings Fire in Susanville
- Forward progress of fire stopped on Highway 99 fire in Tehama County
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire
- Crews make good progress on Getty Fire
- Fire crews make good progress on Kincade Fire
- Yuba County Moves Forward With Plans to Sue PG&E
- Phoenix carving becomes stop for those leaving Paradise