Photo Gallery 6 Images
UPDATE 8:48 a.m. Monday, July 15, 2019 - The Doyle Fire is now 193 acres and all forward progression has stopped, according to fire officials.
One lane of Highway 395 is open to escorted traffic.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
UPDATE 6:51 p.m. Sunday, July 14, 2019 - One home and two outbuildings were destroyed by the Doyle Fire. According to the BLM the fire started near the junction of Cowboy Joe Road and Highway 395, north of the Lassen County community of Doyle. The progression of the fire has stopped. Crews will stay on the scene throughout the night. Approximately 100 people worked to contain the Doyle Fire on Sunday.
Action News Now would like to thank KTVN Reno-Taho-Sparks for use for their video and photographs used to cover this story.
UPDATE 3:30 p.m. Sunday, July 14, 2019 - The Doyle Fire is now 200 acres in size. Only one lane of Highway 395 is now open. Traffic is being escorted through using the one open lane.
DOYLE, Calif. - The Doyle Fire was reported to authorities at 12:30 Sunday, July 14, 2019. The fire has crossed Highway 395 and some homes at the north and west end of the community of Doyle have been evacuated.
According to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) public information officer Jeff Fontana there is no evacuation center established at this time.
Fontana said the fire has burned 150 acres of grass and brush. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but it was confirmed by Action News Now that the Doyle Fire did not start on the side of the highway, but did jump over the highway. Part os Highway 395 and road A26 are currently closed. There are no alternative routes suggested.
- Doyle Fire burns 193 acres, destroys 1 home in Lassen County
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- Dale Fire: 800+ Acres burned in Tehama County
- Sand Fire burns 2,500 acres in Yolo County, evacuations lifted
- Fire crews contain Snowstorm Fire in Lassen County
- Murphy Fire Burns 100 Acres, Precautionary Evacuations in Place
- Paskenta Fire burns 46 acres west of Corning
- UPDATE 2 acre brush fire burns structure in Concow, fire ‘well contained’
- Stoll Fire, 100% Contained, 268 Acres
- Moose fire: 225 acres and 90% contained