CHICO, Calif. - Many Magalia residents want to return to their homes.
They have been made aware, some of them, that their homes still are standing. They have been told their power has been restored, but still, they are evacuees.
Action News Now reporter Jafet Serrato asked USFS public information officer Brian Ramsey why the people from Magalia are still not being allowed to go back home.
Ramsey said it is still too hazardous up there on the ridge.
He insists the hazards are being evaluated to make sure people will be safe when they are allowed back home.
Listen to the video to hear more.
- Why Magalia Residents Cannot Return Home
- Paradise Resident Returns Home, Shows What Remains
- Residents Return Home in Aftermath of Stoney Fire
- Sighs of Relief: Residents return home amid Carr Fire disaster
- Firefighters quickly contain house fire in Magalia
- VIDEO: A Look at Magalia After the Camp Fire
- Water company and Magalia locals react to benzene concerns
- Officials Address Frustrations Among Evacuees That Can't Return Home
- Mobile FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers to Provide Services in Concow and Magalia Monday and Tuesday
- Home, home on the Ridge!