UPDATE 10:15 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018 - According to a spokesperson from the Butte County Sheriff's Office, remains were found in the debris of the burned home, that are believed to be human remains. The Sheriff's Office and CAL FIRE are continuing their investigation with the assistance of the California State University Forensic Anthropology team.
CONCOW, Calif. - Chico State's Anthropology Department has been called on to help identify what are believed to be human remains at a home that burned in Concow.
The fire occurred a week ago at a mobile home on Windermere Lane in the Camelot area of Concow. It was first reported at approximately 4:15 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018.
Sheriff's officials confirmed that a woman named Cathy Manley had been reported missing since Friday. They say she had been seen at the home in the past.
We are working to learn more information about the case and will bring you new details as they become available.
- Investigators Find Remains at Site of Concow Mobile Home Fire
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed, Vegetation Fire Quickly Contained
- Concow Home Destroyed, Nearby Vegetation Contained Quickly
- Mobile FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers to Provide Services in Concow and Magalia Monday and Tuesday
- CAL FIRE knocks down Palermo mobile home fire
- VIDEO: A Look at Concow After the Camp Fire
- New trees planted on Concow Ridge for Camp Fire mitigation
- Mobile Homes Eyed for Those Displaced by Fire
- Palermo mobile home completely burned by flames
- Flames destroy several mobile homes in Gerber