LOS ANGELES COUNTY, Calif. - A fire burning in Los Angeles County near Brentwood is causing mandatory evacuations for at least 10,000 homes and commercial buildings.
As of Nov. 2, the Getty Fire is 745 acres with 79% containment. 12 homes have been destroyed and five have been damaged. Two firefighters have faced minor injuries.
The blaze sparked on the west side of the 405 Freeway near the Getty Center museum just after 2:30 a.m. Monday morning.
Due to continued progress, the
All Mandatory Evacuation orders and warnings have been lifted as of Nov. 2 at 7 a.m.
- Crews make good progress on Getty Fire
- Fire crews make good progress on Kincade Fire
- Glencove Fire in Vallejo, forward progress stopped
- Crews extinguish Oroville house fire
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire
- CAL FIRE stops forward progress on Elk Fire
- Fire crews battling 5-acre fire in Palermo
- Forward progress stopped on Cummings Fire in Susanville
- Forward progress stopped on Ranch Fire in Igo
- Crews responding to vegetation fire, Corning