GERBER, Calif. - Firefighters quickly contained an early morning fire that damaged several mobile homes in Gerber Friday.
The fire was called in around 4:30 a.m. Friday on the corner of Ramsay Avenue and San Benito Avenue, according to Michael Alexander, CAL FIRE Tehama Glenn Unit, Fire Apparatus Engineer.
Firefighters said one mobile home and two travel trailers were on fire when they arrived.
There was a threat to nearby homes when the fire broke out, however, firefighters quickly extinguished the fire within 30 minutes of arrival, Alexander said.
Ramsay Avenue was closed from 4:30 to 6:30 a.m. due to the fire. One lane traffic control was in place for San Benito Avenue while crews battled the fire.
Nobody was inside any of the structures at the time of the fire. Around six to 10 people live in the area, Alexander said. Firefighters have contacted Red Cross for the people impacted by the fire since they are now without a home.
There is no report of injuries and firefighters are still investigating the cause of the fire.
CAL FIRE and Tehama County Fire at scene of a structure fire in the 100 block of Ramsey Rd, Gerber. pic.twitter.com/TmPC29VnVY
— CAL FIRE TGU (@CALFIRETGU) January 3, 2020
- Flames destroy several mobile homes in Gerber
- Palermo mobile home completely burned by flames
- Flames destroy home north of Oroville
- Flames destroy part of Chico church
- Flames make Chico home 'unlivable'
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed, Vegetation Fire Quickly Contained
- Pick-up truck destroyed by flames on Skyway
- Concow Home Destroyed, Nearby Vegetation Contained Quickly
- Fire in south Corning destroys 1 home
- Early morning fire destroys Chico home