REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters responded to a residential structure fire at the end of Duncan Lane off of Churn Creek Lane in Redding.
Reports of the fire started coming in around 2:45 p.m. as smoke could be seen from I-5.
Officials said that the fire originated inside of the home and spread to some nearby vegetation. One person was home at the time of the fire but was able to escape without injury.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Scott Corn, battalion chief for Cal Fire, said that there have been various complaints of burns on the property.
Multiple crews were on scene including Cal Fire, Redding Fire Department, Cottonwood Fire Department and the Anderson Fire Department.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Firefighters Contain Structure Fire in Paradise
- Firefighters Responding to Structure Fire in Anderson
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Makes Surprise Visit to Firefighters Battling Camp Fire
- Muddy roads hamper Bangor structure fire response
- Utah Firefighter killed while battling Mendocino Complex
- Redding Firefighters Listen to Citizens at Carr Fire Community Meeting
- Interactive Maps: Carr Fire Activity, Structures and Repopulation
- Air conditioner's wiring may have caused structure fire
- Firefighters Battling Mendocino Complex Say Verizon Hampered Information Efforts