TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - A fire burned at least three acres near homes on Highway 99 in the community of El Camino on Sunday before CAL FIRE was able to stop forward progress.
The fire was first reported at 2:06 p.m. on Sunday, July 14, 2019 in grasses located on the west side of Highway 99.
As of 2:40 p.m. on Sunday the fire was 25 percent contained.
Officials from the CAL FIRE Tehama-Glenn Unit said there are a lot of personnel in the area. They are expected an extensive mop-up operation so are asking people in the area to drive slowly on Highway 99 and to be extremely careful.
The El Camino community is located close to Gerber in Tehama County.
- Forward progress of fire stopped on Highway 99 fire in Tehama County
- Forward progress stopped on Ranch Fire in Igo
- Forward progress stopped on Cummings Fire in Susanville
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire
- Highway 99 spot fire caused by bird, power line
- Lane Fire in Tehama County is Fully Contained
- Dale Fire: 800+ Acres burned in Tehama County
- Unhealthy Air Warnings in Place for Tehama County
- Crews battling 2-acre fire near Palermo-Honcut Highway
- Highway 96 reopens after fires in Klamath National Forest