Photo Gallery 3 Images
SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A fire destroyed a home near Lakehead in Shasta County on Tuesday morning leaving two dogs presumed dead.
CAL FIRE responded to the fire at 19689 Gregory Creek road at approximately 10:21 a.m. The house was completely burned.
The fire quickly spread to vegetation nearby the house, along with a neighbor's shed.
No injuries were reported. However, homeowners said there were two dogs inside the home at the time of the fire. The two dogs presumed dead, according to CAL FIRE.
As of 12:10 p.m., the fire was completely put out. The exact cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Fire destroys home near Lakehead, 2 dogs presumed dead
- Fire in south Corning destroys 1 home
- Early morning fire destroys Chico home
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed, Vegetation Fire Quickly Contained
- Concow Home Destroyed, Nearby Vegetation Contained Quickly
- Flames destroy home north of Oroville
- Flames destroy several mobile homes in Gerber
- One structure destroyed from fire in Corning
- CAL FIRE contains early morning fire, 1 structure destroyed
- Doyle Fire burns 193 acres, destroys 1 home in Lassen County