OROVILLE, Calif. - High temperatures and strong winds prompted a number of fires in the North State this past weekend, including the Olive Fire in Oroville.
Firefighters worked to put out the grass fire near Gold Country Casino on Sunday.
CAL FIRE officials said the fire spread slowly and reached about a half-acre
Officials believe the fire burned underneath power lines.
There is no word yet on a cause.
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Gold Country Casino
- Crews extinguish Oroville house fire
- Crews extinguish fire caused by illegal fireworks in Redding
- Fire crews battling 5-acre fire in Palermo
- Grass Fire is Prompting Evacuations in Fairfield, Paradise Valley
- Cal Fire Works to Extinguish Fire at Apex Lumber in Oroville
- Feather Falls Casino Fire Contained, Evacuees Can Return
- Fire crews contain Snowstorm Fire in Lassen County
- Crews responding to 16-acre vegetation fire in Red Bluff
- Crews battling 2-acre fire near Palermo-Honcut Highway