RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - Evacuations have been ordered as crews try to contain a smoky wildfire burning near homes along a dry Southern California riverbed.
Flames broke out in the late morning and quickly churned through more than 30 acres of dry brush in Riverside. Residents of about 20 homes along two blocks were ordered to leave as winds spread flames.
RELATED: Fire Watch North State Fires
Fire officials ordered water-dropping aircraft to assist firefighters in protecting homes on the ground.
The area about 55 miles east of downtown Los Angeles has received only a minuscule amount of rain so far this year.
RIVERBOTTOM FIRE UPADTE pic.twitter.com/Pu9i4tWsSm
— City of Riverside Fire Department (@rivcafire) February 6, 2020
- Evacuations ordered as winds spread Southern California fire
- Carr Fire: Current Evacuation Orders and Repopulation
- Camp Fire: Evacuation Orders and Repopulation
- Car fire spreads to vegetation
- Delta Fire: All Evacuations Lifted
- Stone Fire: Evacuation Warning Lifted
- Igo Fire Department: "Time to evacuate"
- Carr Fire: Evacuations lifted in some areas
- Masonic Fire: 100 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
- Milepost 97 Fire burning in Southern Oregon