RED BLUFF, Calif. - Flames damaged two homes in Red Bluff, leaving two families displaced on Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 4 a.m. in an open garage that is shared by the two homes on the 700 block of Musick Avenue near South Jackson Street.
The two families were inside the homes when the flames broke out, they were able to evacuate safely, Red Bluff Fire Chief Ray Barber said.
A gas tank inside the garage exploded, fueled the fire, even more, Barber said. However, fire crews were able to knock down the fire within 30 minutes of arrival.
Two cars were parked inside the garage at the time of the fire, both were destroyed. The fire spread inside both of the homes leaving both unlivable.
The cost of damage is estimated to be at least $200,000 Barber said.
Crews said no other nearby homes were threatened when firefighters arrived to tackle the fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation, no injuries were reported.
- Early morning fire damages two homes in Red Bluff
- Early morning fire destroys Chico home
- Red Bluff firefighters tackle Antelope Boulevard fire
- Gridley home damaged in fire
- Crews responding to 16-acre vegetation fire in Red Bluff
- CAL FIRE contains early morning fire, 1 structure destroyed
- Redding House Fire Injures Home Owners, Kills Cat
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Thermalito School Fire Damages Playground Equipment
- City of Redding Names New Fire Chief