OROVILLE, Calif. - Fire crews were able to knock down a house fire in Oroville on Sunday.
On Sunday afternoon, the Oroville Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire on Nikki Court in Oroville.
Crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire before it extended outside the master bedroom of the home. The quick efforts saved the structure overall, however, the interior suffered heavy smoke damage.
The department said the fire was started by a child playing with a lighter.
- Crews extinguish Oroville house fire
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Gold Country Casino
- Crews extinguish fire caused by illegal fireworks in Redding
- Cal Fire Works to Extinguish Fire at Apex Lumber in Oroville
- CAL FIRE crews quickly put out flames near Feather River in Oroville
- Fire crews battling 5-acre fire in Palermo
- Lakeland Fire contained near Lake Oroville
- Fire crews contain Snowstorm Fire in Lassen County
- Oroville olive orchard fire may have started in homeless camp
- Oroville home saved after man warned of vegetation fire