Photo Gallery 18 Images
ALTURAS, Calif. - The Cold Springs Fire has now burned for 18 days and is currently 84,817 acres with 94% containment.
The Cold Springs Fire Area Closure was lifted on Friday, Sept. 4, 2020, opening Blue Lake and the southern end of the Warner Mountains again to recreation.
The threat of fire spread beyond the existing fire perimeter is expected to be minimal. Resources are looking for opportunities to build direct handline to reduce the impact on Sage Grouse habitat, according to Forest Service officials.
The Cold Springs Fire started on Aug. 18 due to lightning and is burning about 11 miles east of the California community of Madeline in Lassen County along Clarks Valley Road.
- County Road 40 South at County Road 1
- County Road 64/42 South at County Road 1
- County Road 64 at County Road 258 (open to residents only) Both North & South Routes
- Forest Service Road 39N19 from County Road 64
- County Road 512 South at County Road 1
- County Road 510/512/506 at HWY 395 to Nevada
- County Road 512 to Dodge Reservoir