REDDING, Calif. - A house fire occurred in Redding Saturday afternoon on Williamson Road. According to the Redding Fire Department, the fire started as the result of an improperly discarded cigarette. Firefighters said this is an "all too common" incident.
Major structural damage occurred because of the fire. One firefighter suffered a heat-related injury when fighting the blaze.
It is estimated that $75,000 worth of damage was done to the home, and approximately $50,000 of the home's contents were damaged.
While Redding firefighters were busy with this structure, a second fire occurred in the area of Denton Way, on the southeast of town.