BREAKING NEWS FDA advisers back Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for young kids Full Story

Cigarette causes house fire in Redding

The Redding Fire Department responded to a house fire on Saturday.

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 11:57 AM
Updated: Aug 9, 2020 11:58 AM

REDDING, Calif. - A house fire occurred in Redding Saturday afternoon on Williamson Road. According to the Redding Fire Department, the fire started as the result of an improperly discarded cigarette. Firefighters said this is an "all too common" incident.

Major structural damage occurred because of the fire. One firefighter suffered a heat-related injury when fighting the blaze.

It is estimated that $75,000 worth of damage was done to the home, and approximately $50,000 of the home's contents were damaged.

While Redding firefighters were busy with this structure, a second fire occurred in the area of Denton Way, on the southeast of town.

Chico
Cloudy
59° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 59°
Oroville
Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 61°
Paradise
Cloudy
59° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 59°
Chester
Cloudy
60° wxIcon
Hi: 40° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 60°
Red Bluff
Cloudy
60° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 60°
Willows
Cloudy
59° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 59°
Light showers and gusty south winds are ahead for your Tuesday. We'll dry out and get warmer through the middle of this week. More showers are possible late Friday into Saturday, but we'll dry out just in time for Halloween on Sunday.
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events