CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Fire Department quickly put out a house fire late Sunday afternoon on the 1100 block of E. 7th Street, assisted by quick-acting homeowners who used their fire extinguisher to put out the initial flames.
Chico Fire Battalion Chief John Kelso said Sunday afternoon that the homeowners were prepared, using an approved fire extinguisher. His crews arrived approximately ten minutes later and were able to contain the fire quickly.
The fire started in a clothes dryer, explained Chief Kelso. He said they were assisted by the CAL FIRE Butte Unit.
Kelso said the homeowners would be impacted by the fire damage for several weeks.