Photo Gallery 2 Images
CHICO, Calif. - A fire destroyed a shed in the backyard of a home in Chico. The fire burned the hands of the man who lives in the home.
The fire happened at the corner of Humboldt and Olive streets. Firefighters on scene told Action News Now winds posed a danger when that shed caught on fire.
The homeowner and his son said they attempted to put out the flames themselves.
Firefighters said there were no other injuries and luckily they were able to contain the fire before it spread.
Fire captain Carlos Munoz said they tried to identify what was burning.
"It was a detached garage," Munoz said. "With the wind and fire that we have today, it threatened the house itself. Luckily we were able to get suppression."
Investigators are still looking into the cause of the fire.
- Chico building catches flames on Olive Street
- Flames make Chico home 'unlivable'
- Flames destroy part of Chico church
- Palermo mobile home completely burned by flames
- Flames destroy home north of Oroville
- Flames destroy several mobile homes in Gerber
- Oroville olive orchard fire may have started in homeless camp
- Pick-up truck destroyed by flames on Skyway
- Chico firefighters save NorCal Mavericks building near airport
- CAL FIRE crews quickly put out flames near Feather River in Oroville