UPDATE 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 22 - Forward progress has been stopped on the 5-acre vegetation fire on Highway 36 west and Basler road, according to CAL FIRE.
RED BLUFF, Calif. - Firefighters are on the scene of a fully involved car fire with 5-acre vegetation fire on Highway 36 west and Basler road, CAL FIRE said.
CAL FIRE said a car fire sparked the flames around 4 p.m.
The fire caused Caltrans to close Highway 36 about 3 miles west of Red Bluff.
TRAFFIC UPDATE: SR-36 is now closed approximately 3 miles east of Bowman Rd in Tehama County due to a vehicle fire. Caltrans is on-scene. Will update.
— Caltrans District 2 (@CaltransD2) October 22, 2019
The car fire spread to grass, no injuries have been reported at this time.
Action News Now will continue to update with the latest developments as they become available.
- Car fire spreads to vegetation
- Vegetation Fire Lights up Transient Camp
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- Vegetation Fire on Neal road contained
- Crews responding to vegetation fire, Corning
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire
- Vegetation Fire Contained Near Pentz Road and Lime Saddle Road
- Downed Power Lines Spark Small Vegetation Fire in Anderson
- Firefighters Contain Small Vegetation Fire in Shasta Lake
- Firefighters Respond to Vegetation Fire in Upper Bidwell Park