SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - CAL FIRE crews contained a structure fire that spread to vegetation and destroyed one home around 7 a.m. on Monday.
The fire destroyed one house and burned 10-acres, according to CAL FIRE PIO, Cheryl Buliavac. Multiple resources were on scene at Pit 5 Powerhouse Road in Shasta County for about three hours.
The fire spread at a slow rate and was contained around 9 a.m., CAL FIRE said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, no injuries were reported.
CAL FIRE Shasta-Trinity Unit said they had a busy Monday that started off with this fire and several escaped debris burns.
They want to remind the community to exercise good judgement and avoid burning in windy conditions, Buliavac said.
- CAL FIRE contains early morning fire, 1 structure destroyed
- Early morning fire destroys Chico home
- One structure destroyed from fire in Corning
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- CAL FIRE: Vance Fire 65% contained
- Firefighters Responding to Structure Fire in Anderson
- Firefighters Contain Structure Fire in Paradise
- Muddy roads hamper Bangor structure fire response
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Redding
- Cal Fire Interview Following Press Conference