BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Saturday night in Butte County, volunteers and staff were honored at the 6th annual Butte County Fire Department Awards Banquet.
The event included dinner and raffle prizes. All proceeds go to the Butte County Firefighters Burn and Benevolent Fund.
Awards were presented for years of service, Employee of the Year, Firefighter of the Year, and special commendations.
Butte County CAL FIRE crews were busy working out in the field Saturday as well.
They were continuing to work on a very large project that consists of laying out 20,000 sandbags along Keefer Slough north of Chico to prevent flooding during the rainstorms.
- Butte County Fire Department honors their own
- Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea sends deputies to Carr Fire
- Air Quality in Butte County Impacted By North State Fires
- Firefighters Work to Contain Powellton Fire in Butte County
- Butte County Sheriff Provides Update on Camp Fire
- Butte County Sheriff Holds Media Briefing for Camp Fire
- Butte County Transitions out of Peak Fire Season
- Igo Fire Department: "Time to evacuate"
- Kids love the Redding Fire Department!
- Cottonwood Fire Department Investigates 6 New Suspicious Fires