SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County District Attorney's office released today that 9 arrests were made following an undercover fraudulent contractor sting operation.
In a joint effort with the Contractors State License Board, District Attorney Investigators held an operation in areas affected by the Carr Fire in Shasta County. The operation targeted suspected unlicensed contractors.
11 individuals were contacted during the operation, 9 of which were arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for Felony Contracting Without a License in a Designated Disaster Area.
The following individuals were arrested in the operation:
- Gabriel Phillips
- Patrick Tenerelli
- Louis Hecker
- Jason Goodman
- Charles Guy Harris
- Ty Williams Briggs
- Melvin Matajcich
- Samuel Shelby
- Brandon Hunter
Contracting without a license is normally a misdemeanor, but it is a felony to contract without a license in an area where homes are damaged by a designated disaster.
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation
- Highland Fire in Shasta County
- Shasta Regional Medical Center Doctor Loses Home in Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Victims in Shasta Lake Still Receiving Water Bills
- First 5 Shasta Gives Grants to Carr Fire Victims
- Cal HOPE Shasta Provides Emotional Support for Carr Fire Victims
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Carr Fire Stalls Construction Work