PARADISE, Calif. - Seven families are back home on the Ridge for the holidays thanks to quick work by Integrity Builders. The company wanted to show people it is possible to live a normal life on the ridge post-Camp Fire.
The owner of Integrity Builders, Ken Blanton, is a Camp Fire survivor himself. He was not only able to rebuild his home in time for the holidays, but finished homes for seven other families as well.
“It was super important,” Blanton said. “There were elderly couples… I wanted them back here. They are almost in their 80’s,” he added.
Blanton said even though he is happy to be home for Christmas, he can still feel the impacts of the Camp Fire.
“Pretty much everything in our town is different. It is nice to be back up here and start over,” he said.
Watch the video to see the whole story!
- Home, home on the Ridge!
- Attic fire burns part of Kelly Ridge home
- Gridley home damaged in fire
- Flames make Chico home 'unlivable'
- Parts of Ridge, Concow Area Could Repopulate Next Week
- Ribs for the Ridge raised thousands for Camp Fire survivors
- New trees planted on Concow Ridge for Camp Fire mitigation
- Concow Home Destroyed, Nearby Vegetation Contained Quickly
- Why Magalia Residents Cannot Return Home
- Paradise Resident Returns Home, Shows What Remains