PLACER COUNTY, Calif. - A fire broke out Monday afternoon that forced evacuations in Placer County.
The vegetation fire broke out just north of Sacramento in the Rocklin area. The fire started around 12:30 p.m. and prompted evacuations orders, which have now been lifted.
CAL FIRE is calling this the Foothills Fire, it has burned 350 acres and is at 30% containment. CAL FIRE said it sparked in a grassy field south of Thunder Valley Casino Resort.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office ordered evacuations for the area bordered by East of Foothills Blvd., west of Cincinnati Ave., south of Athens Blvd., and north of Blue Oaks.
- Fire forces evacuations in Placer County, 30% contained
- Masonic Fire: 100 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
- Rawson Fire fully contained
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Ferguson Fire is Fully contained
- Sliger Fire 100 percent contained
- North Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Mendocino Complex Fire Fully Contained
- Junes Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Adams Fire 100 Percent Contained