REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters worked to put out a fire Wednesday night in a field behind Lowes on Cypress Avenue.
Fire officials said the fire broke out just after 10 p.m.
The fire burned two acres and did not damage any structures.
Investigators said the fire was started by illegal fireworks and only burned vegetation.
- Crews extinguish fire caused by illegal fireworks in Redding
- Crews extinguish Oroville house fire
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Gold Country Casino
- No citations in Butte County for illegal fireworks
- Crews responding to 16-acre vegetation fire in Red Bluff
- Cal Fire Works to Extinguish Fire at Apex Lumber in Oroville
- Fire crews battling 5-acre fire in Palermo
- Delta Fire Causes School Closures
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Fire crews contain Snowstorm Fire in Lassen County