Jun 22, 2014 4:50 PM by Linda Watkins-Bennett
The Thermalito fire that destroyed a mobile home is now contained.
It started shortly after 2:30 p.m. at 1003 Feather Avenue cross of 10th street. According to witnesses on scene, it was sparked by welding equipment. The fire quickly spread to a nearby powerline and a large pile of tires and debris.
Powerlines fell on neighboring homes, some causing small spark fires. PG&E crews stayed on scene to assist with those downed lines. They are warning people nearby to be cautious of those powerlines.
The cause is still under investigation.
Photo courtesy of Action News Now viewer Tara Mattis.
3 hours ago